Videos help taxpayers learn more about tax reform
Form Preparation in Houston
The IRS has several videos that can help individual and business taxpayers learn more about the tax reform legislation. The IRS posts these videos on the IRS Video Portal and to their YouTube channel. Aside from these sites, the IRS offers tax reform information on its other social media channels, such as Twitter and their new Instagram account. Taxpayers can visit the Multimedia Center on IRS.gov for links to all the agency’s social media sites.
Here are some of the tax reform videos taxpayers can watch on their computer or on their smartphone when they’re on the go.
IRS Video Portal
The IRS produces and posts videos to post on the Video Portal. These videos can help individual and business taxpayers better understand how the tax reform law affects them and their taxes.
- Tax Reform Basics for the Qualified Business Income Deduction, 199A - This webinar provides an overview of who will be eligible for the new tax reform provisions of the Qualified Business Income Deduction under Section 199A. It also shows calculations and basics for reporting.
- Tax Reform Basics for Employers - This provides an overview of tax reform changes for employers. Topics covered include changes to employer credit for family and medical leave, employee achievement awards, and qualified transportation fringe benefits.
- Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families - Addresses tax reform changes that affect individual taxpayers. Topics include standard deductions, personal exemptions, itemized deductions, and the child tax credit.
- Understanding How to Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to Check & Correct WithholdingUnderstanding How to Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to Check & Correct Withholding - This video explains why many taxpayers may need to change their withholding. It also helps tax professionals understand how to use the IRS withholding calculator to help taxpayers change their withholding.
IRS YouTube Channel
These videos are all in English, with several also being offered in Spanish and American Sign Language.
- Paycheck Checkup: Taxpayers can watch this video to find out why they should do a Paycheck Checkup after tax reform legislation changed how much tax is taken out of individuals’ paychecks.
- IRS Withholding Calculator Tips: This video gives taxpayers tips for using the calculator, including what documents to have on hand before starting their Paycheck Checkup.
- Paid Family and Medical Leave: If employers provide paid family and medical leave for their employees, they may be eligible for a tax credit. This video has more information about this credit.
Alfredo Gaxiola has worked on numerous IRS problem cases and has successfully settled with the IRS to release liens on houses, bank accounts and wages and, if needed, setting a payment installment plan that is not burdensome for the client. He has conducted appeals before the U.S. Tax Court and obtained favorable resolutions in reducing the tax debt of his clients. Mr. Gaxiola served as Treasurer of Camara de Empresarios Latinos, one of the largest and strongest Hispanic organizations in the city of Houston. He has conducted financial and accounting seminars for the Houston Small Business Development Corporation, as well.
Form Preparation in Houston.
CPA in Houston, Alfredo Gaxiola in Houston, Certified Public Accountant in Houston, Bookkeeping in Houston, Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor in Houston, QuickBooks Set Up and Training in Houston, Bank Financing in Houston, Business Tax Returns in Houston, Personal Tax Returns in Houston, Quarterly & Monthly Filings in Houston, Financial Statement Preparation in Houston, Form Preparation in Houston, Payroll Preparation in Houston, Reviews Temporary Bookkeeping Services in Houston, Reducing your taxes in Houston, IRS representation in Houston