Reminder for extension filers: Oct. 15 is just around the corner
Certified Public Accountant in Houston
Monday, October 15, 2018, is the extension deadline for most taxpayers who requested an extra six months to file their 2017 tax return.
For taxpayers who have not yet filed, here are a few tips to keep in mind about the extension deadline and taxes:
- Try IRS Free File or e-file. Taxpayers can still e-file returns for free using IRS Free File. The program is available only on IRS.gov. Filing electronically is the easiest, safest and most accurate way to file taxes.
- Use direct deposit. For taxpayers getting a refund, the fastest way to get it is to combine direct deposit and e-file.
- Use IRS online payment options. Taxpayers who owe taxes should consider using IRS Direct Pay. It’s a simple, quick and free way to pay from a checking or savings account. There are other online payment options.
- Don’t overlook tax benefits. Taxpayers should be sure to claim all entitled tax credits and deductions. These may include income and savings credits and education credits.
- Keep a copy of the tax return. Taxpayers should keep copies of tax returns and all supporting documents for at least three years. This will help when adjusting withholding, making estimated tax payments and filing next year’s return.
- File by October 15. File on time to avoid a potential late filing penalty.
- More time for the military. Military members and those serving in a combat zone generally get more time to file. Military members typically have until at least 180 days after leaving a combat zone to both file returns and pay any tax due.
Alfredo Gaxiola has worked on numerous IRS problem cases and has successfully settled with the IRS to release liens on houses, bank accounts and wages and, if needed, setting a payment installment plan that is not burdensome for the client. He has conducted appeals before the U.S. Tax Court and obtained favorable resolutions in reducing the tax debt of his clients. Mr. Gaxiola served as Treasurer of Camara de Empresarios Latinos, one of the largest and strongest Hispanic organizations in the city of Houston. He has conducted financial and accounting seminars for the Houston Small Business Development Corporation, as well.
Certified Public Accountant in Houston.
CPA in Houston, Alfredo Gaxiola in Houston, Certified Public Accountant in Houston, Bookkeeping in Houston, Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor in Houston, QuickBooks Set Up and Training in Houston, Complete CPA Services in Houston, Business Tax Returns in Houston, Personal Tax Returns in Houston, Quarterly & Monthly Filings in Houston, Financial Statement Preparation in Houston, Form Preparation in Houston, Payroll Preparation in Houston, Compilations in Houston, Reviews Temporary Bookkeeping Services in Houston, Reducing your taxes in Houston, IRS representation in Houston