Tool helps donors research tax-exempt organizations
Bookkeeping in Houston
Before dontating to a charity, taxpayers often want to research the organization. The IRS has a tool that lets people access information about charities and other tax-exempt organizations fast and easily. The Tax Exempt Organization Search is available anytime on IRS.gov.
Here are some things taxpayers will find when they use the TEOS tool:
- Images of an organization’s forms 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF and 990-T filed with the IRS. New filings are added monthly.
A simplified search process
- TEOS is mobile friendly, which provides access to the search tool using smartphones or tablets.
Favorable determination letters
- These are issued by the IRS when an organization applied for and met the requirements for tax-exempt status. The IRS continues adding determination letters to the site. Eventually, all determination letters issued since January 2014 will be available.
This includes whether an organization:
- Is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions.
- Has had its tax-exempt status revoked because it failed to file required forms or notices for three consecutive years.
- Filed a Form 990-N annual electronic notice with the IRS. This applies to small organizations only.
Publicly available data from electronically-filed 990 forms is still available through Amazon Web Services.
Alfredo Gaxiola has worked on numerous IRS problem cases and has successfully settled with the IRS to release liens on houses, bank accounts and wages and, if needed, setting a payment installment plan that is not burdensome for the client. He has conducted appeals before the U.S. Tax Court and obtained favorable resolutions in reducing the tax debt of his clients. Mr. Gaxiola served as Treasurer of Camara de Empresarios Latinos, one of the largest and strongest Hispanic organizations in the city of Houston. He has conducted financial and accounting seminars for the Houston Small Business Development Corporation, as well.
Bookkeeping in Houston.
CPA in Houston, Alfredo Gaxiola in Houston, Certified Public Accountant in Houston, Bookkeeping in Houston, Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor in Houston, QuickBooks Set Up and Training in Houston, Bank Financing in Houston, Business Tax Returns in Houston, Personal Tax Returns in Houston, Quarterly & Monthly Filings in Houston, Financial Statement Preparation in Houston, Form Preparation in Houston, Payroll Preparation in Houston, Reviews Temporary Bookkeeping Services in Houston, Reducing your taxes in Houston, IRS representation in Houston