Tax pros should remember to renew their PTIN
IRS representation in Houston
- Federal tax return preparers must renew their preparer tax identification numbers for 2019 as all current PTINs will expire Dec. 31, 2018. Here are several facts about PTINs and the PTIN renewal process:
- Preparers can get started at www.irs.gov/ptin.
- Anyone who gets paid to prepare or help prepare any federal tax return or claim for refund must have a valid PTIN from the IRS.
- The PTIN must be used as the identifying number on returns prepared.
- Failure to have and use a valid PTIN may result in penalties.
- For those who have a 2018 PTIN, the renewal process takes only a few moments online.
- Those who cannot remember their user ID and password can find online tools to assist them.
- If registering for the first time, the PTIN application may also be completed online.
- There is no fee for getting or renewing a PTIN.
- Paper Form W-12, IRS Paid Preparer Tax Identification Number Application and Renewal, is available for paper applications and renewals. The paper form takes four to six weeks to process.
- All enrolled agents, regardless of whether they prepare returns, must renew their PTIN annually in order to maintain their active status.
Alfredo Gaxiola has worked on numerous IRS problem cases and has successfully settled with the IRS to release liens on houses, bank accounts and wages and, if needed, setting a payment installment plan that is not burdensome for the client. He has conducted appeals before the U.S. Tax Court and obtained favorable resolutions in reducing the tax debt of his clients. Mr. Gaxiola served as Treasurer of Camara de Empresarios Latinos, one of the largest and strongest Hispanic organizations in the city of Houston. He has conducted financial and accounting seminars for the Houston Small Business Development Corporation, as well.
IRS representation in Houston.
CPA in Houston, Alfredo Gaxiola in Houston, Certified Public Accountant in Houston, Bookkeeping in Houston, Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor in Houston, QuickBooks Set Up and Training in Houston, Complete CPA Services in Houston, Business Tax Returns in Houston, Personal Tax Returns in Houston, Quarterly & Monthly Filings in Houston, Financial Statement Preparation in Houston, Form Preparation in Houston, Payroll Preparation in Houston, Compilations in Houston, Reviews Temporary Bookkeeping Services in Houston, Reducing your taxes in Houston, IRS representation in Houston