IRS issues new Strategic Plan; five-year plan's goal to help taxpayers
The Internal Revenue Service y released a new five-year Strategic Plan outlining goals to improve taxpayer service and tax administration.
The Fiscal Year 2018-2022 IRS Strategic Plan will serve as a roadmap to help guide the agency’s programs and operations. The plan will also help meet the changing needs of taxpayers and members of the tax community.
“Providing service to taxpayers is a vital part of the IRS mission, and the new Strategic Plan lays out a vision of ways to help improve our tax system,” said IRS Acting Commissioner David Kautter. "The plan is part of an ongoing effort by the IRS to work with the tax community and find ways to improve our work for taxpayers and for the nation."
The strategic plan, developed with input from external partners as well as IRS employees, focuses on six goals that will help improve customer service:
- Empower and enable all taxpayers to meet their tax obligations – For taxpayers to understand and meet their filing, reporting and payment obligations, the IRS will continue to add and enhance tools and other support services.
- Protect the integrity of the tax system by encouraging compliance through administering and enforcing the tax code – As part of the agency’s efforts to close the tax gap, the IRS will pursue innovative approaches to understand, detect and resolve potential tax noncompliance.
- Collaborate with external partners proactively to improve tax administration – The IRS will engage partners to improve service and outreach to taxpayers, enhance collaboration and share best practices.
- Cultivate a well-equipped, diverse, flexible and engaged workforce – The IRS strives for a work culture that values innovation, welcomes multiple perspectives and celebrates diversity.
- Advance data access, usability and analytics to inform decision-making and improve operational outcomes – The IRS will continue to use data to drive decisions and make the most effective use of its resources.
- Drive increased agility, efficiency, effectiveness and security in IRS operations – Modern IT systems and technology are essential for excellent customer service and enforcement capabilities. Strong data systems are critical to safeguarding taxpayer data from multiple threats.
- As the IRS works to makes these improvements, it will enforce the tax code fairly and uphold taxpayer rights. Under the Taxpayer Bill of Rights, every taxpayer has a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS.
Alfredo Gaxiola has worked on numerous IRS problem cases and has successfully settled with the IRS to release liens on houses, bank accounts and wages and, if needed, setting a payment installment plan that is not burdensome for the client. He has conducted appeals before the U.S. Tax Court and obtained favorable resolutions in reducing the tax debt of his clients. Mr. Gaxiola served as Treasurer of Camara de Empresarios Latinos, one of the largest and strongest Hispanic organizations in the city of Houston. He has conducted financial and accounting seminars for the Houston Small Business Development Corporation, as well.
CPA in Houston, Alfredo Gaxiola in Houston, Certified Public Accountant, Bookkeeping, Certified QuickBooks Proadvisor, QuickBooks Set Up and Training, Complete CPA Services, Business Tax Returns, Personal Tax Returns, Quarterly & Monthly Filings, Financial Statement Preparation, Form Preparation, Payroll Preparation, Compilations, Reviews Temporary Bookkeeping Services, Reducing your taxes, IRS representation